You have no items in your shopping cart.
An aromatic and bitter herb, wormwood was once sought after as an ingredient for brewing beer before hops eventually replaced it. Artemisia absinthium is a member of the Asteraceae family and can be found growing wild along roadsides and disturbed places throughout Europe, Siberia, and the United States. Historically, wormwood herb was soaked in various liquors and is a notable ingredient in absinthe. The plant can be infused in herbal tea blends, used in tincturing, and incorporated into other botanical formulations.
An ancient proverb claims, “as bitter as wormwood”, and indeed, wormwood is considered one of the most bitter herbs. It can be found growing wild in disturbed soils and is often cultivated in gardens, acting as a companion plant to deter pests and weeds. Historically, dried leaf bundles were hung inside the house and strewn in pantries and drawers for both its aromatics and to keep unwanted visitors away.
Wormwood is perhaps best known as an ingredient in absinthe, the famous alcoholic spirit noted for its strong effects. The herb has also been utilized for its bitterness, flavor, and green hue in many other liqueurs and aperitifs, including vermouth. Wormwood was employed in traditional European herbalism to support the digestive system. It’s uses date back to ancient Greece where it was utilized for intestinal parasites and as a general wellness tonic.
Handling time may be 3-5 days. Custom orders and blends can take up to 14 days especially if we are sourcing or harvesting items ourselves.
Shipping via USPS.
Curbside pick up for local Oahu orders.
We ship worldwide.
- All Sales are final due to the fact that 90% of our items are handmade just for you.
- All custom orders are made in the order that they are received.
- We ask for two-four weeks to process and create wholesale orders and custom blends as some of our products are harvested locally and take time to dry and cure.
On Best Practices
- Please keep ALL PRODUCTS out of children and pets reach.
- Keep all products out of sunlight. Store in a cool area.
On Controversial Ingredients
We DO NOT use the following items in any of our hand made products:
- Aluminum compounds
- Alpha-hydroxy and beta-hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid and salicylic acid
- Synthetic fragrances
- Lead and Other Heavy Metals found in cosmetics
- Sulphates (may be spelt 'sulfates' on some products)
- Reminder that magick and intention is not something that you can purchase. We only sell products to help support your spiritual, sacred space. Magick is within you and by adding your intention to our products, they will help bring your own manifestations to life.
- Our products are not FDA approved. We are not physicians. Our products do not claim to heal, treat, cure or diagnose any conditions or ailments. They do not prevent any conditions or ailments. Our products are made in a station that has herbs, roots, flowers, stones, sands, biodegradable glitters, cosmetic grade mica powders, essential oils, carrier oils, and other earthy elements.
- Enjoy our products, but never ignore the advice of a trained physician or doctor.