You have no items in your shopping cart.
"¢ Includes the myths, cultural heritage, and ancestral lineage of the lwa and how to honor and serve them
"¢ Provides an introduction and guide that is especially useful for the solitary practitioner
"¢ Discusses the relationship between Vodou, Haitian culture, and Catholicism
In The Haitian Vodou Handbook, Kenaz Filan, an initiate of the Société la Belle Venus, presents a working guide to the proper methods of interacting with the full Vodou pantheon, explaining how to build respectful relationships with the lwa, the spirits honored in Haitian Vodou, and how to transform the fear that often surrounds the Vodou religion.
Until recently, the Haitian practice of Vodou was often identified with devil worship, dark curses, and superstition. Some saw the saint images and the Catholic influences and wrote Vodou off as a "œChristian aberration." Others were appalled by the animal sacrifices and the fact that the Houngans and Mambos charge money for their services. Those who sought Vodou because they believed it could harness "œevil" forces were disappointed when their efforts to gain fame, fortune, or romance failed and so abandoned their "œvoodoo fetishes." Those who managed to get the attention of the lwa, often received cosmic retaliation for treating the spirits as attack dogs or genies, which only further cemented Vodou"™s stereotype as "œdangerous."�
Filan offers extensive background information on the featured lwa, including their mythology and ancestral lineage, as well as specific instructions on how to honor and interact fruitfully with those that make themselves accessible. This advice will be especially useful for the solitary practitioner who doesn"™t have the personal guidance of a societé available. Filan emphasizes the importance of having a quickened mind that can read the lwa"™s desires intuitively in order to avoid establishing dogma-based relationships. This working guide to successful interaction with the full Vodou pantheon also presents the role of Vodou in Haitian culture and explores the symbiotic relationship Vodou has maintained with Catholicism.
Handling time may be 3-5 days. Custom orders and blends can take up to 14 days especially if we are sourcing or harvesting items ourselves.
Shipping via USPS.
Curbside pick up for local Oahu orders.
We ship worldwide.
- All Sales are final due to the fact that 90% of our items are handmade just for you.
- All custom orders are made in the order that they are received.
- We ask for two-four weeks to process and create wholesale orders and custom blends as some of our products are harvested locally and take time to dry and cure.
On Best Practices
- Please keep ALL PRODUCTS out of children and pets reach.
- Keep all products out of sunlight. Store in a cool area.
On Controversial Ingredients
We DO NOT use the following items in any of our hand made products:
- Aluminum compounds
- Alpha-hydroxy and beta-hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid and salicylic acid
- Synthetic fragrances
- Lead and Other Heavy Metals found in cosmetics
- Sulphates (may be spelt 'sulfates' on some products)
- Reminder that magick and intention is not something that you can purchase. We only sell products to help support your spiritual, sacred space. Magick is within you and by adding your intention to our products, they will help bring your own manifestations to life.
- Our products are not FDA approved. We are not physicians. Our products do not claim to heal, treat, cure or diagnose any conditions or ailments. They do not prevent any conditions or ailments. Our products are made in a station that has herbs, roots, flowers, stones, sands, biodegradable glitters, cosmetic grade mica powders, essential oils, carrier oils, and other earthy elements.
- Enjoy our products, but never ignore the advice of a trained physician or doctor.