You have no items in your shopping cart.
A clear and simple introduction to the history, beliefs, rituals, and gods and goddesses of this popular form of Neo-Pagan belief drawn from ancient northern European traditions.
Asatru is a modern pagan tradition whose roots lie in the ancient myths, folklore, sagas, and historical artifacts of those who lived in pre-Christian times in what is now Iceland, Scandinavia, Scandinavian-influenced Scotland, Germany, and other parts of northern Europe. In Asatru, author and longtime practitioner of Asatru Erin Lale provides readers an accessible introduction to this heathen religion, one of the fastest growing religions in United States and Europe. The book includes these key topics:
- A brief exploration of Asatru’s mythology and prehistory, its contact with Rome, and its history up to the present day
- A comprehensive survey of Asatru’s many gods and goddesses
- The rituals, including holiday celebrations, toasting rituals, weddings, and other life events
- The moral virtues of a true Asatruar: courage, honor, loyalty, truth, hospitality, industriousness, self-discipline, self-reliance, and steadfastness
- The magical practices of rune divination, spells, and bersarkrgangr (a form of trance magic)
- A look at the “universalist” and “folkish” interpretations of the Asatru tradition and the “hijacking” of the symbolism of the northern European religions in the 19th and early 20th centuries
Readers new to Asatru and experts alike will find this book to be an invaluable resource in understanding this heathen tradition.
Handling time may be 3-5 days. Custom orders and blends can take up to 14 days especially if we are sourcing or harvesting items ourselves.
Shipping via USPS.
Curbside pick up for local Oahu orders.
We ship worldwide.
- All Sales are final due to the fact that 90% of our items are handmade just for you.
- All custom orders are made in the order that they are received.
- We ask for two-four weeks to process and create wholesale orders and custom blends as some of our products are harvested locally and take time to dry and cure.
On Best Practices
- Please keep ALL PRODUCTS out of children and pets reach.
- Keep all products out of sunlight. Store in a cool area.
On Controversial Ingredients
We DO NOT use the following items in any of our hand made products:
- Aluminum compounds
- Alpha-hydroxy and beta-hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid and salicylic acid
- Synthetic fragrances
- Lead and Other Heavy Metals found in cosmetics
- Sulphates (may be spelt 'sulfates' on some products)
- Reminder that magick and intention is not something that you can purchase. We only sell products to help support your spiritual, sacred space. Magick is within you and by adding your intention to our products, they will help bring your own manifestations to life.
- Our products are not FDA approved. We are not physicians. Our products do not claim to heal, treat, cure or diagnose any conditions or ailments. They do not prevent any conditions or ailments. Our products are made in a station that has herbs, roots, flowers, stones, sands, biodegradable glitters, cosmetic grade mica powders, essential oils, carrier oils, and other earthy elements.
- Enjoy our products, but never ignore the advice of a trained physician or doctor.