You have no items in your shopping cart.
• Shares excerpts from Crowley’s unpublished diaries and details his travels in India, Burma, and Sri Lanka from 1901 to 1906
• Reveals how Crowley incorporated what he learned in India--jnana yoga, Vedantist, Tantric, and Buddhist philosophy--into his own school of Magick
• Explores the world of Theosophy, yogis, Hindu traditions, and the first Buddhist sangha to the West as well as the first pioneering expeditions to K2 and Kangchenjunga in 1901 and 1905
Early in life, Aleister Crowley’s dissociation from fundamentalist Christianity led him toward esoteric and magical spirituality. In 1901, he made the first of three voyages to the Indian subcontinent, searching for deeper knowledge and experience. His religious and magical system, Thelema, shows clear influence of his thorough experimental absorption in Indian mystical practices.
Sharing excerpts from Crowley’s unpublished diaries, Tobias Churton tells the true story of Crowley’s adventures in India from 1901 to 1906, culminating in his first experience of the supreme trance of jnana (“gnostic”) yoga, Samadhi: divine union. Churton shows how Vedantist and Advaitist philosophies, Hindu religious practices, yoga, and Mahayana and Theravada Buddhism informed Crowley’s spiritual system and reveals how he built on Madame Blavatsky and Henry Steel Olcott’s prior work in India. Churton illuminates links between these beliefs and ancient Gnostic systems and shows how they informed the O.T.O. system through Franz Hartmann and Theodor Reuss.
Churton explores Crowley’s early breakthrough in consciousness research with a Dhyana trance in Sri Lanka, becoming a devotee of Shiva and Bhavani, fierce avatar of the goddess Parvati. Recounting Crowley’s travels to the temples of Madurai, Anuradhapura, and Benares, Churton looks at the gurus of yoga and astrology Crowley met, while revealing his adventures with British architect, Edward Thornton. Churton also details Crowley’s mountaineering feats in India, including the record-breaking attempt on Chogo Ri (K2) in 1902 and the Kangchenjunga disaster of 1905.
Revealing how Crowley incorporated what he learned in India into his own school of Magick, including an extensive look at his theory of correspondences, the symbology of 777, and the Thelemic synthesis, Churton sheds light on one of the most profoundly mystical periods in Crowley’s life as well as how it influenced the larger occult world.
Handling time may be 3-5 days. Custom orders and blends can take up to 14 days especially if we are sourcing or harvesting items ourselves.
Shipping via USPS.
Curbside pick up for local Oahu orders.
We ship worldwide.
- All Sales are final due to the fact that 90% of our items are handmade just for you.
- All custom orders are made in the order that they are received.
- We ask for two-four weeks to process and create wholesale orders and custom blends as some of our products are harvested locally and take time to dry and cure.
On Best Practices
- Please keep ALL PRODUCTS out of children and pets reach.
- Keep all products out of sunlight. Store in a cool area.
On Controversial Ingredients
We DO NOT use the following items in any of our hand made products:
- Aluminum compounds
- Alpha-hydroxy and beta-hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid and salicylic acid
- Synthetic fragrances
- Lead and Other Heavy Metals found in cosmetics
- Sulphates (may be spelt 'sulfates' on some products)
- Reminder that magick and intention is not something that you can purchase. We only sell products to help support your spiritual, sacred space. Magick is within you and by adding your intention to our products, they will help bring your own manifestations to life.
- Our products are not FDA approved. We are not physicians. Our products do not claim to heal, treat, cure or diagnose any conditions or ailments. They do not prevent any conditions or ailments. Our products are made in a station that has herbs, roots, flowers, stones, sands, biodegradable glitters, cosmetic grade mica powders, essential oils, carrier oils, and other earthy elements.
- Enjoy our products, but never ignore the advice of a trained physician or doctor.