You have no items in your shopping cart.
Origin: Bosnia & Herzegovina
Powers: Protection, Invisibility
Magical Use: add to protection satchets, guard against vampires and werewolves; wolves use this to cure themselves. DO NOT EAT OR RUB ANY PART OF THIS PLANT ON THE SKIN. IT IS POISONOUS.
Arnica montana, a member of the Asteraceae (or sunflower) family, is known for its characteristically large, yellow flower head. Native to Europe, this perennial herb has naturalized in mountainous regions across North America. Arnica flowers are generally infused as arnica oil and blended into topical formulas.
Arnica is a graceful woodland plant in the same family as the sunflower, native to Central Europe and the western United States. Its yellow flowers are collected at summer's end and dried for traditional use. There are many viable species of arnica flowers found around the globe, some of which are found in North American mountain ranges and woodlands.
The most commercially available species is Arnica montana, which is the species available for purchase from Mountain Rose Herbs. This species of arnica is native to Europe, with a natural range stretching from the southern Iberian Peninsula to Scandinavia. The plant has large flower heads with brilliant yellow coloration. Flowers begin to appear during mid-summer and continue blooming well into autumn. For best results, they should be harvested early in the blooming season. The dried flowers are fluffy and fibrous and can be irritating to the nose if handled improperly. Additional common names include European arnica, leopard"™s bane, and mountain tobacco.
Not for internal use. Do not use on open wounds or broken skin. Persons with allergies to other members of the Asteraceae family should exercise caution. We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For educational purposes only.
Handling time may be 3-5 days. Custom orders and blends can take up to 14 days especially if we are sourcing or harvesting items ourselves.
Shipping via USPS.
Curbside pick up for local Oahu orders.
We ship worldwide.
- All Sales are final due to the fact that 90% of our items are handmade just for you.
- All custom orders are made in the order that they are received.
- We ask for two-four weeks to process and create wholesale orders and custom blends as some of our products are harvested locally and take time to dry and cure.
On Best Practices
- Please keep ALL PRODUCTS out of children and pets reach.
- Keep all products out of sunlight. Store in a cool area.
On Controversial Ingredients
We DO NOT use the following items in any of our hand made products:
- Aluminum compounds
- Alpha-hydroxy and beta-hydroxy acids, such as glycolic acid and salicylic acid
- Synthetic fragrances
- Lead and Other Heavy Metals found in cosmetics
- Sulphates (may be spelt 'sulfates' on some products)
- Reminder that magick and intention is not something that you can purchase. We only sell products to help support your spiritual, sacred space. Magick is within you and by adding your intention to our products, they will help bring your own manifestations to life.
- Our products are not FDA approved. We are not physicians. Our products do not claim to heal, treat, cure or diagnose any conditions or ailments. They do not prevent any conditions or ailments. Our products are made in a station that has herbs, roots, flowers, stones, sands, biodegradable glitters, cosmetic grade mica powders, essential oils, carrier oils, and other earthy elements.
- Enjoy our products, but never ignore the advice of a trained physician or doctor.